Norfolk MP reveals brother is ‘badly ill’ with coronavirus
A Norfolk MP has revealed that his brother is “badly ill” with the coronavirus.
George Freeman, MP for Mid Norfolk, shared on Twitter earlier this afternoon that his older brother had been diagnosed with the illness.
He said: “Just heard my older brother, 58, is badly ill with Covid-19.”
The Conservative MP, and former cabinet minister, added: “Wishing you well for a safe recovery, bro.
“Best wishes to all those who have lost or have seriously ill friends and family. Thank you to all healthcare staff.
You may also want to watch:
“Stay at home. Save lives.”
It comes the day after the prime minister, Boris Johnson, who had been hospitalised with the virus, was admitted an intensive care unit (ICU) at St Thomas’ Hospital, in central London.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Mr Freeman has previously called for a “genuine national effort” to tackle the virus, and urged the government to invite Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer to attend cabinet and Cobra during the crisis.