Michael Gove visits Norfolk
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Cabinet minister Michael Gove is visiting businesses in Norfolk today.
He is in Hoveton to support North Norfolk's Conservative parliamentary candidate Duncan Baker's General Election campaign, and to focus on business and the local economy.
Also standing in north Norfolk are: Emma Corlett, of the Labour Party; Harry Gwynne of The Brexit Party and Karen Ward of the Liberal Democrats.
Mr Gove will visit Oyster Yachts and then move on to NR12 Fitness to speak to new business owners who have said they are voting Conservative for the first time in a General Election.
Mr Gove was made the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster on July 24.
You may also want to watch:
He has previously held jobs including Environment Secretary and Education Secretary, and was elected Conservative MP for Surrey Heath in 2005.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Major new £20m green business park approved