Victim of fatal head-on collision is named
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s who died in a head-on collision has been named.
The victim of the crash, which happened on the A1065 near South Raynham just before 3.20am on Sunday, was Dorin Melnic.
Although police have not released details of his identity, he has been named locally and next-of-kin have been informed.
Mr Melnic was driving a silver Mazda when he was in a collision with a brown Range Rover on the west Norfolk road, between South Raynham and Weasenham St Peter.
Police, paramedics and three fire crews attended the scene, with firefighters extinguishing one of the vehicles, which had caught fire.
You may also want to watch:
Two people travelling in the Range Rover were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn with serious injuries.
A police spokesman said the Mazda was travelling towards Fakenham at the time of the collision, while the Range Rover was being driven in the opposite direction, towards Swaffham.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
The road was closed for seven hours while emergency services attended to the scene and carried out investigations.
It reopened at 10.36am.
Any witnesses to the collision, or drivers with dashcam footage are asked to contact Sgt Peter Howlett at the serious collision investigation team on 101, or email email@example.com quoting incident number 47 of Sunday, September 8.
-Would you like to pay tribute to Mr Melnic? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org