Local election 2017: Two West Norfolk councillors suspended before Norfolk County Council polls
- Credit: Ian Burt
Two councillors were suspended from the Conservative Party in the run-up to the county council elections.
Patrick Rochford has been suspended from the North West Norfolk Conservatives over an allegation that he brought the party into disrepute.
MORE - For more election news click hereMr Rochford, who stood as an independent for Gaywood North and Central, in King's Lynn, polled 71 votes and was not elected.
After the count, at Lynn Corn Exchange, he said the allegations against him were 'totally false'.
Sandra Squire has also been suspended by the group after a complaint was made against her.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Squire stood for the Marshland North seat, near King's Lynn, coming first with 1,344 votes. After the count, she denied the allegation but declined to comment further on her suspension.
But she said she would work hard and provide a voice for people in her ward.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Do you recognise this man?
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak