Lib Dems set to confirm Norwich North candidate
Shaun LowthorpeThe Liberal Democrats will formally adopt David Stephen as their candidate in Norwich North on Thursday.Lord McNally, leader of the Lib Dem peers in the House of Lords, will be the guest speaker at a constituency party meeting in Sprowston at 7.Shaun Lowthorpe
The Liberal Democrats will formally adopt David Stephen as their candidate in Norwich North on Thursday.
Lord McNally, leader of the Lib Dem peers in the House of Lords, will be the guest speaker at a constituency party meeting in Sprowston at 7.30pm.
Mr Stephen, a former UN official, whose mother lived in the Norwich area, said the election was wide open.
'More than ever, people are telling us that this time they will give the Lib Dems their support,' Mr Stephen said. 'The voters of Norwich North - as I have found - are worried. They were disgusted by the scandal over MPs' expenses. At the same time they know that neither Labour nor the Tories are coming clean about the draconian measures that will be necessary to restore the public finances, whatever the composition of the next government, in a few weeks' or months' time.
You may also want to watch:
'So there is a huge clamour for a cleaner, more effective and more accountable political system. And people agree with Vince Cable that the economy needs to be rebalanced, away from dependence on financial services and towards the urgent development of new industries, especially those based on scientific innovation and offering a greener future.'
- 1 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 2 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 3 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 10 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel