Lib Dems hold Torbay
Shaun LowthorpeThe Conservative advance has been held up in the South West after the Lib Dems held Torbay.Shaun Lowthorpe
The Conservative advance has been held up in the South West after the Lib Dems held Torbay.
Torbay is 57th on the Tories target list and one of the seats the party would be hope to win to secure an overall majority.
But the Lib Dems held on with a 4058 majority - which means the Conservatives will need to take more seats of Labour if they are to form a government.
However the Conservative's Justine Greening has substantially increased her majority in Putney by more than 8,000 to hold the seat with a 9.9pc swing from Labour.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls