Labour reveal their general election candidates for Norfolk and Waveney
Labour have revealed their slate of candidates in Norfolk and Waveney for next month's general election.
The party's sole Norfolk MP Clive Lewis, who represents Norwich South, officially launched his campaign to be re-elected at the weekend.
But the party has now named the candidates who will be standing for Labour in the other seats, as follows:
Broadland: Iain Simpson
Great Yarmouth: Mike Smith-Clare
You may also want to watch:
Mid-Norfolk: Sarah Simpson
North Norfolk: Stephen Burke
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
North West Norfolk: Jo Rust
Norwich North: Chris Jones
South West Norfolk: Peter Smith
Waveney: Sonia Barker
Three of the candidates - Mike Smith-Clare, Stephen Burke and Chris Jones - are also standing in this week's elections for Norfolk County Council.
Peter Smith, Jo Rust and Chris Jones all ran in the 2015 general elections. Mrs Rust finished behind Conservative Henry Bellingham in North West Norfolk. while Mr Jones was second to Tory Keith Simpson in Broadland. He also stood as Labour's candidate in last year's police and crime commissioner election, coming second to Conservative Lorne Green.
Mr Smith came third in the 2015 parliamentary election for South West Norfolk, behind Conservative winner Elizabeth Truss and UKIP's Paul Smyth.
Other Norfolk candidates confirmed so far are:
Norwich North: Chloe Smith (Conservatives), Adrian Holmes (Green)
Norwich South: James Wright (Lib Dem), Richard Bearman (Green)
Great Yarmouth: Brandon Lewis (Conservative), Harry Webb (Green), Catherine Blaiklock (UKIP) Broadland: Keith Simpson (Conservative), Andrew Boswell (Green)
Mid-Norfolk: George Freeman (Conservative)
North West Norfolk: Henry Bellingham (Conservative)
South West Norfolk: Elizabeth Truss (Conservative)
North Norfolk: Norman Lamb (Lib Dem), James Wild (Conservative)
South Norfolk: Richard Bacon (Conservative), Catherine Rowett (Green)