Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to visit Norwich as party tries to oust Chloe Smith as city MP
- Credit: PA
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is appearing at an event in Norwich next weekend.
Norwich South MP Clive Lewis is hosting the 'in conversation' event on Saturday October 21 at an undisclosed location in the Norwich North constituency, at which Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell will also appear.
Money raised from the event will go towards Norwich Labour Party campaigning, particularly in Norwich North, where Conservative Chloe Smith saw her majority cut from 4463 to 507 in June's snap election.
In a message to members, Mr Lewis said: 'I hope that you can join us next Saturday. With events like this to mobilise our members and help raise the funds we need to get our message across effectively we can turn Norwich North red and give them the Labour MP they deserve.
'For a variety of logistical reasons, this event is required to be for Norwich Labour members only. The exception to this is that under 18s attending with their parents are not required to be members.
You may also want to watch:
'Names will be checked against the membership list prior to the day to make sure that this has been upheld.
It will be the Labour leader's first visit to the region since June's snap general election.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
Tickets for the event at this time can only be purchased by Labour Party members for £10, the funds going towards the Norwich Labour Party.