Kylie Minogue’s shoemaker showcases fantasy shoes and accessories in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning designer has created Cromer-themed shoe clips exclusively for the town's tourist information centre.
Shoe designer Milly Jupp is the latest local craftswoman to display her work at North Norfolk District Council's (NNDC) Cromer TIC.
She has made shoes for pop star Kylie Minogue and former model Jodie Marsh, and won the coveted Footwear Designer of the Year in 2015, with finalist status in 2016.
Whether your dream is a pair of Ginger Bread Booties or Ming Dynasty Teapot heels, her wearable fantastical shoes are taking the UK by storm.
And now she has designed Cromer-themed shoe clips for sale exclusively in the TIC, including a clip sporting Cromer crabs.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It's been an amazing couple of years and it's very important to me to keep a strong link with the community I'm part of in Norfolk.
'Making a shoe clip for Cromer seems exactly the right thing to do – a souvenir that is unconventional but that can be worn easily.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
'I hope residents and visitors enjoy them and that having my shoes in Cromer tourist information centre will encourage people to follow their creative dreams.'
Her new shop All About Shoes is in St Benedict's Street, Norwich where she studied at City College Norwich.
She is also a sought-after motivational speaker to encourage young people to try something new, and was the Inspirational Speaker for Schools and Inspiring the Future speaker in 2016.
Nigel Dixon, NNDC cabinet member for business and economic development and tourism, said: 'North Norfolk District Council is delighted to be able to host Milly J Shoes at our Cromer tourist information centre.
'Milly is an incredibly gifted Norfolk craftswoman and entrepreneur, and we hope others will be inspired by her creations and her story.'