‘Help!’ plea for key North Walsham celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A plea has gone out for volunteers to ensure the future of two key North Walsham celebrations.
More help is needed on the town's annual summer Fun Day, and with the 2014 Christmas lights.
This year's Fun Day is on Sunday June 29 when extra hands will be needed to man the gates, help with organising the field, and clearing away.
Those who are already committed have organised the day for many years and are hoping for some fresh blood to join the team.
Organisers of the next North Walsham Christmas lights are also appealing for more help.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Turner, chairman of the lights committee, thanked the 38 North Walsham businesses who had sponsored the 2013 display and appealed for others to support the cause.
He would also be grateful for any offers of help to put up and take down the lights and stressed that it would not involve climbing ladders. Volunteers to hold the strings and replace any spent bulbs would be extremely useful.
- 1 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 2 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 3 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 10 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
A small team of committed volunteers have been organising the lights for more than 10 years and would like to hand over to a younger crew.
? For more information on the Fun Day ring Andrea Canham 01692 406415.
For information on the Christmas lights contact the North Walsham Town Council clerk on 01692 404114 (weekday mornings).