Hellesdon neighbourhood plan takes a step forward as bid for 1,000 homes returns
- Credit: Archant
A vision for the future of Hellesdon is one step closer today as the parish prepares for a second bid for up to 1,000 homes on the Royal Norwich Golf Club.
Last month a decision on the first phase and outline proposals for the general scheme were sent back to developers Persimmon Homes to 'think again', as Broadland councillors raised concerns over a lack of clarity and strain on infrastructure.
The bid will return to the planning committee on June 8, and over recent weeks the parish has been moving towards ratifying a neighbourhood plan.
Around 1,500 consultation forms were distributed around the area in February, and now 200 have been returned and fed into the process.
A spokesman for the Hellesdon Neighbourhood Plan Working Group said: 'Strong positive messages emerging from the consultation included the extent to which residents value local shops and community services, the community spirit in the parish and how they cherish the quiet suburban character of the area.
You may also want to watch:
'Dislikes commonly referred to included traffic and congestion, the loss of green space for housing development, the condition of pavements and grass verges and the lack of safe facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.'
The draft vision for the plan aims for 'a green, peaceful and friendly suburb for people of all ages with a good range of community facilities; one step from a vibrant city and one step from the Norfolk countryside.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
Hellesdon is one of many districts around Broadland pursuing neighbourhood plans.
Shaun Vincent, portfolio holder for planning at Broadland District Council, said: 'We are starting to see positive results from the first of the adopted plans, and look forward to working with more neighbourhoods to develop well housed communities with the services and facilities they need.'
A fresh consultation will now begin, with exhibition panels put up for around two weeks after the bank holiday weekend at the parish council offices and on notice boards.
For more information, email email@example.com or Ingham Pinnock Associates firstname.lastname@example.org