Green's Adrian Ramsay to launch national general election manifesto
Shaun LowthorpeThe Green Party will launch its general election manifesto tomorrow with proposals for a �170 a week state pension, and 1m new green jobs.Shaun Lowthorpe
The Green Party will launch its general election manifesto tomorrow with proposals for a �170 a week state pension, and 1m new green jobs.
The party's Norwich South candidate Adrian Ramsay will be in Brighton for the launch of its national election campaign, which will also feature plans for a 'high pay' commission to ensure banks and businesses are not rewarded for 'failure'.
The Greens are also launching a new general election website www.onlygreen.org
Mr Ramsay said: 'I'm delighted to be launching our national manifesto for a fairer society. Only the Green Party will protect the NHS from privatisation, increase the basic state pension to �170 per week and create thousands of lasting jobs in Norfolk. We want to localise our economy and promote local manufacturing and food production. We will also break up the big banks and stop rewarding risky behaviour by bankers. We need Green policies at the heart of Westminster, and we in Norwich have a great opportunity to make that happen at the General Election.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children