Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
A country park in north Norfolk has won a prestigious 'Green Flag' award for the 17th year in a row.
Holt Country Park is one of three sites in the district to collect the award in 2021, with Sadler’s Wood in North Walsham and Pretty Corner Woods at Sheringham also retaining the status.
Councillor Virginia Gay, portfolio holder for culture, leisure and wellbeing, said: “North Norfolk District Council has a distinguished history of Green Flag awards.
"You might think that these come easily to us, but you'd be wrong.
"Every year our dedicated countryside team and our marvelous volunteers and supporters have to demonstrate that our woodlands are even better managed and more welcoming than in the preceding year.
"So many, many congratulations to the people who earn these awards on behalf of the rest of us," she said.
The Green Flag Award scheme is managed by environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge