Council seeking public’s views on riverside facelift
- Credit: Google Maps
A plan to regenerate a riverside site along the coast will be put to the public ahead of the next step in a multi-million pound redevelopment.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is holding a public consultation to help shape a planning document for North Quay.
The document, when finalised, will provide further guidance and clarity on the council's vision for the area, as well as the site constraints and other matters that would need to be considered by anyone looking to develop a future scheme or planning application on the waterfront.
The consultation begins on Monday (October 28) and runs until November 24.
People will be able to view the consultation materials and take part at www.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/planning-consultations.
A drop-in exhibition will also be held at the Town Hall on November 6, from 2pm to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Hard copies of the consultation leaflet and comments form are available from the Town Hall, Great Yarmouth Library and Gorleston Library.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries