Funeral for former Norfolk County Council leader Cliff Jordan to be held in Dereham
- Credit: Submitted
The funeral of former Norfolk County Council leader Cliff Jordan will take place in Dereham next month.
Conservative Mr Jordan, 73, died, surrounded by his family, at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Saturday, June 9.
It came just weeks after Mr Jordan, who lived in Dereham, announced he was stepping down as County Hall leader, following a diagnosis of lung cancer.
The funeral service will be held at St Nicholas Church in Dereham at 2.30pm on Friday, July 6, followed by private cremation.
His family have requested that, instead of flowers, people should consider making donations to be shared between Norfolk Beekeepers Association and Action on Hearing Loss.
You may also want to watch:
They can be sent, care of and payable to WC Littleproud and Son (donation account), Family Funeral Directors, Cobbs Corner, South Green, Dereham NR19 1PU.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’