Former MEP praises ‘wonderful’ hospital for coronavirus treatment
- Credit: Archant
A former East of England MEP has been hospitalised with the coronavirus.
Richard Howitt, who represented the eastern constituency in the European Parliament from 1999 until 2016, said he was being treated at hospital in Cambridge.
In a tweet posted on Tuesday, March 31, the former Labour politician said: “To all friends and colleagues, I’m afraid I’m one of many who has contracted Covid-19 and am currently being treated at my wonderful local hospital in Cambridge.
“I’m sorry I’ll be out of action for a while but hope to bounce back before too long.
“Please keep safe and well.”
You may also want to watch:
He also shared an photo of himself wearing a face mask in his hospital bed.
Former shadow chancellor Ed Balls was among those wishing Mr Howitt well on the social media site.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
He said: “You’ll soon be swimming in the North Sea on Boxing Day!
“Very best wishes and get well soon. Ed.”