Extraordinary town council meeting to be held in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
An extraordinary meeting of Fakenham Town Council will be held on Wednesday.
It will discuss proposed plans put forward by North Norfolk District Council for the redevelopment of Highfield Road car park in the town.
NNDC is considering developing four key sites in the district to maximise assets, including residential development at the car park, in order to freeze the council tax charge for the seventh year in a row.
The meeting will be held at Fakenham Connect, Oak Street, at 7pm.
The town's deputy mayor George Acheson has concerns about the proposals and said: 'I would urge people to attend the meeting.'
You may also want to watch:
Budget proposals to freeze council tax for NNDC at £138.87 for a Band D property will be considered by Cabinet when it meets on Monday, February 6 and then by Full Council.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch