Evening of awards and grants at Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Cromer's annual town meeting was a procession of award-winning unsung heroes as grants and prizes were handed out.
At the Parish Hall on Friday, mayor Gwen Smith, who was given a bouquet for her year of service, gave out three Cromer honours, two commendations, 15 grants and money raised for her mayoral charity.
Earlier, Mrs Smith gave a report before a talk by Philip Haslam, chief executive of Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority. There were also public questions.
But the big moments came later, with the presentations. They included:
You may also want to watch:
? Gwen Andrews, recognised for the way that she drops everything to help others in need.
? Elaine Milton, who works with Care UK and 'always puts others first'.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
? Ian Glover, who has organised and maintained Cromer's Christmas lights for 16 years.
? Cromer police station team.
? The North Norfolk News team.
? Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind - £500
? Suffield Park Infants - £500
? About With Friends - £800
? Age UK Norfolk - £250
? Norfolk Community Law Service - £500
? Ambulance first responders - £250
? Cromer and North Norfolk Festival of Music, Drama and Dance - £350
? Cromer Christmas lights - £2,600
? Citizens' Advice North Norfolk - £1,500
? Bittern Line Community Rail Partnership - £500
? Cromer VEO: Art Week - £300; Children's Weeks - £500
? Axe Club - £200; Cromer Parish Church - £200; VEO - £200.
The mayor's charity, Cromer's Royal British Legion branch, received £398.49.