Pool remains closed following ventilation issue
- Credit: Archant
A town's pool has gone into its second week of closure, as engineers continue to fix a ventilation issue.
The swimming pool at Bungay Pool and Gym has been closed since March 9 after staff and customers complained of sore eyes and throats following a swim.
In a post to Facebook, the leisure centre said engineers have been 'working hard to rectify the current issues with the pool plant' and thanked customers for their patience.
A statement from the Waveney District Council read: 'Our engineers have identified that the issue is with the failure of two sensors which control the air handling units. We have ordered replacements and these are scheduled to arrive on Monday, March 18.
'Engineers will be installing the replacement sensors on Monday and we will be meeting to take a decision about re-opening on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
'We will provide information as soon as we are able to about the likely re-opening date for the pool.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub