EDP lifts the lid on Yarmouth outer harbour saga.
A multi-million pound scheme to regenerate Great Yarmouth with an outer harbour came close to collapse just days before the deal was announced, the EDP can exclusively reveal.
The EDP will this week lift the lid on the outer harbour project, which has been described as a 'white elephant' by critics less than a year after opening.
In a week-long investigation, we will reveal the last-minute negotiations which kept the project afloat.
A special report will look at just how the outer harbour turned from a dream into a reality, and the future for the port, which has been dropped as a container terminal by its owners leaving bosses chasing business in offshore energy industry.
The role of the public sector will be examined and also the claims of critics who believe too much was given away without proper controls.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses in the town and leading opinion-formers from Great Yarmouth and beyond will give their thoughts.
See tomorrow's EDP for the first in a series of 'Port in a Storm' exclusive reports.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town