Ed Balls in vow over A47 upgrade work
- Credit: Archant
'We will deliver' the £300m A47 upgrade, Ed Balls has said.
The Shadow chancellor said he would not 'renege 'on the government promise, and he wanted to 'dig some holes'.
He said: 'Every time George Osborne has announced his road infrastructure plans, I have supported them.
'When he announced them the first time, I supported them. When he re-announced them for the second time, I supported them, and now he has announced them for the third time, I am supporting them.
'I am not going to renege on that. I am hoping not to re-announce them. I am going to do them rather than just announce them.'
You may also want to watch:
He backed the blueprint for the A47 upgrade this week.
He added: 'Don't worry. We will deliver.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden