Ed Balls in vow over A47 upgrade work
- Credit: Archant
'We will deliver' the £300m A47 upgrade, Ed Balls has said.
The Shadow chancellor said he would not 'renege 'on the government promise, and he wanted to 'dig some holes'.
He said: 'Every time George Osborne has announced his road infrastructure plans, I have supported them.
'When he announced them the first time, I supported them. When he re-announced them for the second time, I supported them, and now he has announced them for the third time, I am supporting them.
'I am not going to renege on that. I am hoping not to re-announce them. I am going to do them rather than just announce them.'
You may also want to watch:
He backed the blueprint for the A47 upgrade this week.
He added: 'Don't worry. We will deliver.'
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront