Drivers warned Norwich Northern Distributor Road work means A140 Cromer Road must shut again
- Credit: Archant
The A140 Cromer Road will need to be shut again tomorrow night - and possibly Thursday - because work connected to the Norwich Northern Distributor Road has yet to be completed.
The road shut for white lining work on the A140 Cromer road junction with the NDR on Monday night. But the work was not completed.
The road will remain open tonight (Tuesday) because wet weather is forecast, but will instead shut from 8pm tomorrow night.
Council bosses said it would reopen no later than 6am on Thursday, but could have to shut again on Thursday night if the work is still not completed.
The diversion route from Norwich (from the Boundary junction, Ring Road) is Reepham Road, New Drayton Lane, B1149 Holt Road, Shortthorn Road and A140 Cromer Road.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council and Balfour Beatty apologised for the inconvenience caused by the closures, but said they are necessary to complete the surfacing and tie-in of the NDR junction to the A140.
Once complete, the 12.5 mile NDR will stretch from the A47 at Postwick to the A1067 Fakenham Road.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk