Drivers to face diversions because Norwich’s Carrow Road bridge must shut for urgent repairs
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Drivers will face diversions later this week because a Norwich bridge will have to be closed for £18,000 of urgent repairs.
Routine inspection of the Carrow Road lifting bridge identified a number of defects in the timber decking carriageway surfacing.
Those defects in the bridge, which spans the river Wensum close to Norwich City Football Club's stadium and dates back to the 1920s, have to be fixed urgently.
Norfolk County Council said overnight closures would minimise disruption. The closures will be overnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The road will shut from 7pm on Friday until 7am on Saturday, from 7pm on Saturday until 7am on Sunday and from 7pm on Sunday until 6am on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions will be in place for drivers, but pedestrians will still be able to walk over.
The council thanked people in advance for their patience while the work is done.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?