Delia sponsors coach to take Norfolk campaigners to anti-Brexit march
- Credit: PA
Delia Smith, the TV cook and majority shareholder of Norwich City Football Club, is sponsoring a coach to ferry campaigners to a march against Brexit.
The Put it to the People March is on March 23, in London, and Delia is among a list of well-known names who are sponsoring coaches to get campaigners there.
More than 160 coaches have already been booked by campaign groups, to get people to the march from across the UK. A train has also been chartered, which will bring more than 500 people to London from the West Country.
The coach sponsored by Delia will be called the East Anglia Express. She also sponsored a coach to the People's Vote march last October.
Delia said: 'I am delighted to sponsor a coach to help people to get to London on 23rd. I want to make sure East Anglian voices are heard again in the streets around Westminster. Get to London on the 23rd.'
You may also want to watch:
The coach will leave from the Theatre Royal, Norwich, at 7.45am. For more information visit www.peoples-vote.uk/coach_23_march_norwich
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools