Decision on 24-hour opening of Norwich McDonald’s restaurant put on hold
- Credit: PA
A decision on whether McDonald's can open a city restaurant around the clock has been put on hold.
The fast food giant has asked Norwich City Council for permission to open its Lakenham restaurant 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The restaurant, in Barrett Road, currently opens from 8am until 11pm, but wants to extend its hours.
But the planning committee today decided to defer making a decision.
Councillors had raised concerns that if customers behaved in an anti-social manner late at night or in the early hours, that would affect people living in nearby homes.
You may also want to watch:
They wanted the decision deferred so they can ask Norfolk police for views on the application.
It was agreed by six votes to five, with one abstention, to defer the decision.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price