Debra Jordan, IND candidate profile
Independent through and through, Littleport businesswoman Debra Jordan is a well-known campaigner on local issues.As an active member of the local community, she most recently spearheaded the fight to retain the rural paramedic emergency service.
Independent through and through, Littleport businesswoman Debra Jordan is a well-known campaigner on local issues.
As an active member of the local community, she most recently spearheaded the fight to retain the rural paramedic emergency service.
'Our rural Fenland communities are scandalously under-served by central government in far-away Westminster,' she said.
'This area suffers from lower than average standards of health, fewer opportunities for employment, education and training and poor transport provision. I'm fed up with this area always being at the back of the queue when it comes to service provision.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Jordan, a divorced mother of three, says her lack of party affiliations would enable her to put constituents first were she elected.
Born in Ely, she went to Littleport Village College and Ely Sixth Form Centre, trained as a secretary and runs a copier business.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
She says her pet hate is selfishness, while she enjoys am dram, gardening and radio 4.
Her favourite holiday destinations are Sheringham and Snettisham. And while she hopes to bcome an MP, she wouldn't wish to rule the world because she feels too much power in the hands of one individual, organisation or country would be disastrous.