Cromer roadworks delayed
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
An emergency road closure is in operation in Overstrand with a diversion route along the A149 Norwich Road to Cromer.
As a result resurfacing due to begin today on the A149 into Cromer has been postponed for one week and will now begin on Monday, February 1.
The roadworks, extending from the junction with Station Road southwards to the railway bridge, should be complete by February 5 subject to weather conditions.
The A149 Norwich Road will be closed to all through traffic between 9.30am and 4.30pm while work takes place.
A fully signed diversion will be in place via the A149 Northrepps, A140 Roughton, B1436 Felbrigg and A148 Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
A local diversion for the Station Road junction will also be in place via Overstrand Road and Cromwell Road
Access will be maintained to properties and businesses.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
The scheme cost £91,000 will be carried out by contractors on behalf of Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department