Cromer Pier closed for safety inspection following storm surge
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier will remain closed today for safety checks following last night's tidal surge.
Rocks and what appears to be the remains of a bench litter the neighbouring Promenade, which is also sealed off.
The sea remains choppy with wind and rain continuing to buffet the town.
The pier's owners, North Norfolk District Council, announced the visitor attraction would be shut on Twitter this morning.
It was expected that the pier would open again today after closing yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022