Cromer Pier closed for safety inspection following storm surge
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier will remain closed today for safety checks following last night's tidal surge.
Rocks and what appears to be the remains of a bench litter the neighbouring Promenade, which is also sealed off.
The sea remains choppy with wind and rain continuing to buffet the town.
The pier's owners, North Norfolk District Council, announced the visitor attraction would be shut on Twitter this morning.
It was expected that the pier would open again today after closing yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 9 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder