Councillors view proposed North Walsham solar power site
- Credit: Archant
Councillors cast their eyes over the location of a proposed solar farm on the edge of North Walsham during an inspection of the site.
Planners will now be setting forward their views on the scheme covering 36 acres of land belonging to Wayside Farm, off Skeyton Road.
Members of North Norfolk District Council's Development Control Committee saw the potential layout of the sun farm during the visit led by senior planning officer Gary Linder.
Applicants EZero claim it would generate enough energy to power 1,364 homes meeting three per cent of the energy needs of the district.
Construction would take about two months, using a gated track off Skeyton Road for access, with an estimated three HGV deliveries a day.
You may also want to watch:
The land would be seeded with wildflowers, beehives would be placed on the site, together with bird boxes in surrounding trees.
Clay and reed insect nests would also be provided, plus a hedgehog house.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Do you recognise this man?
Mr Linder told the group the development would be close to the Weavers Way footpath, but did not think size of development would impact from there.
North Walsham town councillor Jenny Melville said: "The site seems an appropriate location for a solar farm and it is nice to see the development is doing something for animals and wildlife."
The nearest existing solar farm is at Carlton Farm, off the A149 bypass in North Walsham.
A decision on the application is due to be made by district councillors next month.