Your chance to become a town councillor in Sprowston
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Budding councillors can apply to take on the community role for Sprowston Town Council.
The vacancy for a councillor on the local government body will be filled by co-option at the town council meeting at the Sprowston Diamond Centre on March 14 at 7.30pm.
Anyone who wants to be considered for the post should write to the council's town clerk, June Hunt, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by mid-day on March 12.
Applications can also be addressed to Sprowston Diamond Centre, School Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 8TR.
People need to be over 18, not be debarred from standing as a councillor; have spent the past 12 months working, living or owning land or property in Sprowston; and be entered on the electoral register.
You may also want to watch:
Applications should include a summary about themselves and why they want to be a councillor.
If more than one application for the post is received, current councillors will vote.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears