Council offers £1000 boost to lottery groups
- Credit: Archant
Community groups, sports teams and charities in Breckland are being offered the chance to win a slice of a £40,000 cash pot.
For every £1 ticket sold since the Our Breckland Lottery launched in March last year, 10 pence has been put into a funding pot for the council to give back to good causes.
Now, organisations signed up as a lottery beneficiary can apply for a one-off grant of up to £1,000.
Mark Robinson, a Breckland councillor, said: "To help both prospective and existing groups better understand how the lottery works, the council is holding free information sessions and I urge groups interested to come along."
All sessions will run from 7pm to 8.30pm at Swaffham Assembly Rooms (July 15), Attleborough Town Hall (September 23), Thetford Council Chamber (October 14) and Breckland Council offices in Dereham (November 18).
You may also want to watch:
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home