Full steam ahead: £13.3m investment in sporting facilities in north Norfolk gets funding
- Credit: Saunders Boston Architects
Capital funding for a £13.3m investment in sporting facilities in north Norfolk has been agreed by councillors.
North Norfolk is getting a new £10.6m leisure centre with a swimming pool and a £2.69m community sports hub.
The new leisure centre will be built on the Splash site in Sheringham, which will be demolished.
Meanwhile, the new north Norfolk community sports hub, based at the Cromer Academy and tennis club sites, will include three indoor tennis courts.
Other tennis courts will also be improved at Fakenham, Wells and North Walsham, as per the requirements of the Sport England grant.
You may also want to watch:
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) hopes to sell part of the three-acre Splash site for a hotel development to help pay for the improved leisure centre, which could be open to the public from October 2020.
The funding was agreed at NNDC's full council meeting on Tuesday, December 19.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone