‘Costly’ repairs put Norwich park’s fountain out of action for summer
- Credit: Archant
A popular fountain in a city park will be out of action all summer.
And, with 'costly' repairs needed, it is not clear when the Eaton Park fountain will be working again.
The domed mosaic fountain, in the rose garden, was transformed as part of a £1.6m park revamp in 2003 and turned into a colourful art installation.
It was not designed to be played on, but young children often find it hard to resist a splash around. Families visiting the park this summer have been left disappointed that it has not been working.
Roger Ryan, Norwich City Council cabinet member for parks and open spaces, said there had been problems with the fountain's pumps.
You may also want to watch:
He said repairs were more complicated than thought, so the fountain would not be working this summer.
He said the long-term solution would be 'costly' and the council was working with Friends of Eaton Park to 'explore how it might be funded'.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 7 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 8 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 9 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 10 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
He added: 'We know it's disappointing as the fountain is very popular with visitors to the park, especially young children, and every effort will be made to get it working again.'