Controversial Labour candidate snubs election count
Chris BishopMaverick Labour candidate Manish Sood will not be attending tonight's election count for what he described as 'security reasons'.Chris Bishop
Maverick Labour candidate Manish Sood will not be attending tonight's election count for what he described as 'security reasons'.
The North West Norfolk candidate, who lives in Leicester, hit the headlines when he described Gordon Brown as 'the worst prime minister Britain has ever had' in a newspaper interview.
Party members responded by calling Mr Sood 'a dreadful candidate'. This afternoon, Mr Sood said: 'I've been advised for security reasons not to attend tonight, because the members have treated me so badly over the last three years.'
Mr Sood declared the North West Norfolk seat unwinnable shortly after nominations closed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash