Chance to join Cromer Town Council after David Roberts resigns
- Credit: Ally McGilvray
A vacancy has opened up at the Cromer Town Council after councillor David 'Hubba' Roberts resigned from his position.
Mr Roberts said: 'I've had to step down because the meetings clash with other commitments I have, such as the Crab and Lobster Festival, and the Cromer Carnival.'
A notice of casual vacancy published by the town council said: 'If by September 19, 2017, a request for an election to fill said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer ten electors for the said Parish, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.'
Mr Robert's parish was the Parish of Cromer, specifically the Suffield Park region.
If an election is called, it will take place not later than November 21, 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Roberts, who lives in Cromer, added: 'My advice to a potential candidate would be to make sure they have enough time to commit to the council.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs