Candidates for Norfolk County Council Yare and All Saints by-election revealed
- Credit: Harry Clarke/Norfolk Conservatives/Colin King
The candidates in the Norfolk County Council by-election for the Yare and All Saints division have been announced.
The by-election was triggered following the death of County Hall leader Cliff Jordan earlier this month. Conservative Mr Jordan had held the seat since 2001.
The candidates are: Harry Clarke (Labour), Edward Connolly (Conservatives) and Andrew Thorpe (Liberal Democrats).
The poll will take place between 7am and 10pm on Thursday, July 12.
The division includes Bradenham, Cranworth, Garvestone, Great Ellingham, Hardingham, Little Ellingham, Rocklands, Saham Toney, Scoulton, Shipdham, Whinburgh, Westfield and Yaxham.
You may also want to watch:
County Hall is under the control of the Conservatives. They have 53 seats, Labour have 16, the Liberal Democrats 11. There are two independents and one independent (non-aligned).
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs