Candidate profile : Graham Elliott, Greens
Graham Elliott - GreensGraham Elliott has twice before contested the Waveney parliamentary seat and was the first ever Green to be elected to Waveney District Council as councillor for the Beccles North ward in 2007.
Graham Elliott - Greens
Graham Elliott has twice before contested the Waveney parliamentary seat and was the first ever Green to be elected to Waveney District Council as councillor for the Beccles North ward in 2007.
He said he is hopeful that the Greens will strengthen their position at the upcoming election.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I am delighted to be the parliamentary candidate again for the Green party in Waveney. Our prospects have improved massively over the last eight years since I first stood, and we look forward to making great strides in this election.'
He has campaigned as a councillor on local transport issues, including improving rail and cycle links around Lowestoft and Waveney, particularly the long-awaited Beccles rail loop.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Mr Elliott, who is married with two children, lives in the village of Barsham, near Beccles, and is a keen cyclist, river swimmer and canoeist. He runs a smallholding from his home.
He has recently been very active in the setting up of a charitable trust to get Beccles open air swimming pool reopened this summer.