Campaigners pushing for road improvements in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
Road safety campaigners in North Walsham are pressing for improvements to be made in the town.
A campaign to promote action will be launched with residents at 9.30am on Wednesday, September 27, at the junction of Aylsham and Station Roads.
Campaigner Berni Marfleet said: 'Following the refusal of the planning applications for housing on farmland to the west of North Walsham, which raised serious traffic and road safety concerns and objections, we are pressing for safety improvements to Aylsham and Skeyton new roads.
'We are meeting so children can walk and cycle safely to school and visit friends and parents can let them do this without fear and worry.
'A meeting of councillors and the police will be held in early October with Norfolk County Council highways officers to discuss a list of actions we are proposing to calm traffic and provide a safer environment for all road-users.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse