Date set for Snettisham by-election
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A date has been set for a by-election to fill one seat in West Norfolk council.
On Thursday, August 2, a by-election will be held to fill a vacancy in the Snettisham ward.
Nomination papers should be sent to the returning officer by 4pm on Friday, July 6.
Anyone who is not already registered to vote must register by Tuesday, July 17 to be able to vote in this election.
Voting will take place at Snettisham Parish Church Room, in Hill Road, Ingoldisthorpe, Fring and Sedgeford Parish Memorial Hall, in Old Church Road, Snettisham, and Ingoldisthorpe and Sherborne Parish Sedgeford Village Hall, in Jarvie Close, Sedgeford.
You may also want to watch:
The polling station will open from 7am to 10pm. Anyone unable to vote in person on that day should check if they are eligible for a postal or proxy vote by contacting Electoral Services on 01553 616773.
The deadline for new applications to vote by proxy is 5pm on Wednesday, July 25.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families