Bumper year for North Norfolk District Council sport venues
- Credit: Archant © 2008
A bumper 544,612 visits were made in 2012-2013 to North Norfolk District Council's six sports and leisure complexes - Fakenham Sports and Fitness, and Splash Leisure and Fitness, Victory Swim and Fitness in North Walsham, and the high-school based sports centres in North Walsham, Cromer and Stalham.
The figure was the second highest on record and 14,000 more than the target.
Victory in North Walsham was the most popular of all, with more than 190,000 visits.
The attractions are already 3,500 visits ahead of target for 2013-2014 although there has been a slight drop at the Cromer and Stalham sports centres where, along with North Walsham, fees rose in April.
Karl Read, the council's sports and leisure services manager, said figures in North Walsham had remained stable. It was not possible to say that the fall at Cromer and Stalham was down to the price rise as it had been a very warm summer which could have led to some potential users heading for the beach instead.
You may also want to watch:
'Summer is always the leanest part of the year for all sports centres but now all the football teams start to come back and we get more birthday parties,' Mr Read told the council's overview and scrutiny committee.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk