Broadland District Council shortlisted for counter-fraud national award
- Credit: Archant
A council's efforts to tackle fraud has seen it shortlisted for a national award.
Broadland District Council is a finalist in the Institute of Revenue, Rating and Valuation Performance Awards' 'Excellence in Counter Fraud' category.
It celebrates the work being carried out to tackle fraud.
In 2015, Broadland appointed one, part-time corporate fraud officer who works with internal departments and outside organisations to combat the issue.
During 2015-2016, the approach saved the council £35,000.
You may also want to watch:
Trudy Mancini-Boyle, the council's portfolio holder for finance, said: 'We have a reputation for punching above our weight and this service again highlights our ability to take an innovative approach and achieve some great results with limited resources.'
The winner will be announced on October 4.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries