Breckland and South Holland to share services after divorce
- Credit: IAN BURT
A decades-long partnership will continue - in part - months after two councils split.
Despite Breckland and Lincolnshire's South Holland Council (SHC) ending their partnership in February, councillors have agreed to continue sharing services and officers.
At Thursday's full council meeting, Ian Sherwood, cabinet member for governance, said: "The shared management agreement entered into by Breckland council and South Holland is now largely obsolete, except it allows the councils to continue sharing officers where necessary."
Mr Sherwood asked councillors to agree for the council's to continue the arrangement until "both better understand how they want to provide services in the future".
The council will be forming a section 113 agreement with SHC, allowing them to share legal services team officers, procurement and contracts team officers and the environmental protection business support officer.
You may also want to watch:
Responding to a question from the council's Labour leader, Terry Jermy, the monitoring officer said there would be no additional costs as a result.
Speaking after the meeting, a spokesperson for the council said sharing staff would be cost-neutral, once all of the financial considerations, including staff costs, travel and mileage, were considered.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 3 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC