Bakery chain Greggs to open at Norwich’s Asda site
- Credit: Greggs
Bakery chain Greggs has revealed it plans to open another Norwich outlet at the new Asda site in Hall Road.
Bosses confirmed today that they intend to open at unit 2 of Harford Place.
A spokesman said: 'We are delighted to confirm we are opening a new Greggs shop on Hall Road. The opening date is not confirmed, but we expect it will be sometime in March.
'We are currently recruiting team members for this shop, and whilst numbers are yet to be finalised, it could employ up to 10 people.'
The Asda complex is due to also include a gym, pub and other shops.
You may also want to watch:
The development was given the go-ahead by members of Norwich City Council's planning committee in December 2012, less than three months after an identical application was rejected by councillors.
The Asda store opened its doors in November.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns