Ann Steward launches campaign for Conservatives in North Norfolk parliamentary seat
- Credit: Archant
Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Norfolk, Ann Steward, will launch her campaign at Sheringham today.
The Tory hopeful said: 'Over the past few months I have spent considerable time listening to the people who live and work in North Norfolk.
'The recent tidal surge and flooding in the constituency have been devastating for so many communities and many families have not yet felt the benefits our country's economic recovery.
'With a background in tourism and agriculture, and my experience in running a family business, I have been able to relate to many of the concerns raised by people throughout the constituency.'
Mrs Steward has lived in Norfolk for most of her life, is married to Andrew, a farmer. She managed businesses in the tourism sector for nearly 25 years and served as a district and county Councillor for 12 years.
You may also want to watch:
Follow her on Twitter @Ann4NthNorfolk
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath