Analysis: Dominic Cummings had options - the majority of us didn’t
- Credit: PA
Wow - Dominic Cummings appears human!
His press conference will have left many in Westminster scratching their heads.
“This is not the Dom I know,” said one high up Tory source. He added: “He has never been sorry before.”
The problem is if he didn’t break the rules he certainly did not act in the spirit of them.
Have you sacrificed seeing loved ones? Have you stayed in doors? For most of us the answer is a very firm “yes”.
You may also want to watch:
He clearly was in a tricky situation. But he is also a very public figure who is paid a great deal.
Unlike most of us he does not have the chance to be just be “sorry””. It will distract. It already has. Police are already reporting people bringing up his name.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
He has come out and said “I did my best”. He had options. The majority of us didn’t.
And beyond that he is the story. He should not be. We have more important things to worry about.
The story is the people who have died. And their families who have mourned.
The NHS has been at breaking point for months. Dominic Cummings has not helped our health service.