Section of A11 to close for three nights for resurfacing
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Part of one of Norfolk’s busiest roads is to close for three nights to allow an £87,200 resurfacing project to be carried out.
The A11 Newmarket Road will shut for three nights from Monday, November 9, while works to resurface a section of it are done.
The works, which will involve stripped a section of the existing surface then relaying it, will see the southbound carriageway of the road closed between the Thickthorn and Cringeford roundabouts,
It will also see road studs replaced and lining reinstated, with the works planned outside of the summer season to minimise disruption.
The works will take place across three nights between 8pm and 6am, allowing the road to continue using during the day.
You may also want to watch:
Overnight, diversions will be put in place, but access will be maintained for emergency vehicles.
Norfolk County Council has apologised for any inconvenience caused and thanked the public in advance for its patience.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns