Local charity pre-school ‘over the moon’ with donation for much need new flooring
- Credit: Archant
A Cromer charity pre-school has received £500 to help pay for a much needed new floor.
Seaview Pre-school replied to an advert in the North Norfolk News from Cromer town council that was reaching out to local charities.
The council presented a cheque for £500 to the school at the Cromer Community Centre on March 15.
Deputy manager Sandra Sayer, 36, said: 'We find it really hard to get money so when we got there and it was £500 we were over the moon.
The floor is in need of replacing due to it being worn out and hard to clean, replacing it with a new non-slip flooring would make it easier and safer for the children.
You may also want to watch:
The nursery has raised over £2000 towards their goal of £5000.
'I'm running the London Marathon, so I have been fund raising through justgiving.com, we also have other charities that have donated money' Mrs Sayer added.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
'I made a Just Cromer front page and people have been sponsoring us. Shelley's Pie and Mash shop has raised £100 for us by hosting quizzes. We'll also be doing a summer fair on July 8, in North Lodge Park.
'We usually just have to survive on our own by doing little things to keep us going. It just makes us feel like there is a community out there that is helping us, it's fantastic, and we can't believe how much support we have had.'
Once fundraising is complete the new floor is expected be installed in the summer.
To donate to Mrs Sayer marathon campaign go to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sandra-sayer