TV presenter becomes patron of Norwich Science Festival
- Credit: Archant
Blue Planet Live Lessons presenter Lizzie Daly is the new patron for Norwich Science Festival (NSF).
Lizzie has worked as a presenter on Blue Planet Live Lessons, CBeebies, CBBC, National Geographic, BBC Two, Animal Planet and is a host on the BBC Earth Unplugged YouTube channel.
Miss Daly said: "It is a real honour to become a patron, Norwich Science Festival is full to the brim with exciting science experiments, shows, new discoveries and opportunities to explore.
"This will be my third year at NSF and I always look forward to seeing how it engages the younger generation by celebrating the wonder of the natural world around them. I really can't wait for this year's Festival!"
Lizzie joins the existing NSF patrons, presenter and evolutionary biologist Ben Garrod, and astronomer, presenter and author Mark Thompson.
Natalie Bailey, Norwich Science Festival producer, said: "We're absolutely delighted that Lizzie is joining us as a patron. She's an inspiration to all through her conservation work and TV presenting, and we can't wait to welcome her back to the Festival."
Norwich Science Festival returns this October half-term, with headline sponsor Anglian Water.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 6 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 9 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 10 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
To keep up-to-date with announcements, follow @NorwichSciFest on Twitter, or visit www.norwichsciencefestival.co.uk