Woman, 18, dies in A47 crash between bus and a car
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman from Littleport died - and seven people were taken to hospital - following a crash between a car and a bus on the A47 near Wisbech last night (May 19).
The woman who died was the driver of a white Volkswagen Polo that was involved in a collision with a Scania double-decker bus.
It happened at about 9.20pm between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
A police spokesman said two passengers from the car, an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man, were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King’s Lynn, with serious injuries.
Cambs fire and rescue said they used specialist cutting equipment to release seven casualties “who were left in the care of ambulance crews, four were taken to hospital”.
Police say the bus driver, a 37-year-old woman, was not among those taken to hospital.
“An investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made,” said a police spokesperson.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it should contact police via our web chat function https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw, online forms www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101, quoting incident 523 of 19 May.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
Officers are also appealing for anyone who was a passenger on the bus and did not provide their details at the scene, to please get in touch via the above methods.