Woman, 18, dies in A47 crash between bus and a car
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman from Littleport died - and seven people were taken to hospital - following a crash between a car and a bus on the A47 near Wisbech last night (May 19).
The woman who died was the driver of a white Volkswagen Polo that was involved in a collision with a Scania double-decker bus.
It happened at about 9.20pm between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
A police spokesman said two passengers from the car, an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man, were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King’s Lynn, with serious injuries.
Cambs fire and rescue said they used specialist cutting equipment to release seven casualties “who were left in the care of ambulance crews, four were taken to hospital”.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the bus driver, a 37-year-old woman, was not among those taken to hospital.
“An investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made,” said a police spokesperson.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it should contact police via our web chat function https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw, online forms www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101, quoting incident 523 of 19 May.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
Officers are also appealing for anyone who was a passenger on the bus and did not provide their details at the scene, to please get in touch via the above methods.