Little Melton: French lunch raises funds for childrens’ charities ahead of Crusaders RUFC v Southwold
A French-themed lunch was held by local rugby club Crusaders RUFC to raise charity funds before their match this weekend.
The Eastern Counties League One team, based in Little Melton, near Hethersett, held the charity lunch ahead of their game against Southwold.
During the lunch, a collection for Great Ormond Street Hospital and the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Quidenham hospice, saw �88 raised.
The funds boosted the club's running total for the two childrens' charities to more than �440.
Crusaders members are raising money because two children of first-team players received support from Quidenham and Great Ormond Street.
You may also want to watch:
One child had a heart transplant just after being born and the other has a very rare eating disorder, which effects only about 10 other children in the world.
The French meal, cooked by Geoff Martin, was enjoyed by all and after lunch Crusaders played some of their best rugby of the season to beat Southwold 40-0.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack